Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why can't I print pages on sites?

Posted by berk (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 15:46

I have no idea what is going on but when I try print information I have found it tells me " There was an internal error and the internet explorer is unable to print this document. What do I do to fix this? I had so much trouble with the new IE 10 I went back to the 9 ages ago and didn't have any trouble till now. Thanks for any and all help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why can't I print pages on sites?

Perhaps if you provided a few examples of the sites where these problems occur and the printer model you are using it would be helpful. Also are you using Secunia or something similar to try and keep all your drivers compatible and up to date?

This post was edited by laat2 on Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 20:38

o

Have you set up a default printer? Can you print from other programs? Besides changing your browser, have any other changes been made recently? When you start the print command in IE, is the correct printer (and printer connection) indicated?

In my experience, when connecting name-brand hardware to name-brand hardware, drivers rarely need to be updated. If it was working at one time and not working now and if nothing else significant has changed, it's unlikely to be a driver problem. Unless the file is corrupted, which can happen but that's pretty rare.

o

I have had the printer hooked up to the same computer for a couple years now. I uploaded new drivers for the printer wiht no help printing from a site. I have a Hp Photo Smart C4740. I haven't made any changes to anyhting . Yes, it is the default printer. I only go to HP and Microsoft and check for updates. I can't get it to print anything from any site I am on that I want to print an article from. I get Massage from Web Page- there was an internal error and IE is unabl;e to print this document. I tried again after I updated the drivers in my printer and got this again.

o

If IE is unable to print try another browser like Firefox, Opera or Chrome and see what happens. You can always remove the other browser once you have determined whether the issue is with IE or your confuser or printer.

I will repeat what Snidely wrote about confirming the HP printer shows on the print set up screen and not something else. This happened to me, something i did caused the default printer to show as my PDF reader. Once I set it back to the HP as default we were off to the races again. Well worth a second look.

o

Uninstall the printer according to the HP directions as they can be finicky. Do a registry clean with the CCleaner tool. Reinstall.

I just leave drivers alone. I for one cannot remember the last time I updated a driver on any peripheral for myself or anyone else. New drivers do not offer new functionality as traditionally they only remedy targeted concern(s).

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here