Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desktop

Posted by blueit (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 15:30

I have a Dell laptop and the 'toolbar' on the bottom of the desktop has shifted to the right of the screen. Very annoying!! Can someone please tell me how to get this back to its correct position on the bottom of the desktop. I have Windows 7 and using Internet Explorer.
Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desktop

o

blueit,
[quote] the 'toolbar' on the bottom of the desktop has shifted to the right of the screen[/quote]
Are you talking about the TaskBar
(I have uploaded a screen shot of my TaskBar ->) http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/ANG-Graphics/Task-Bar.jpg
If it is your TaskBar then you can put it back to where it was by right clicking on it then make sure there is NOT a TICK in the "Lock the TaskBar" then Left click and hold it while you drag it to where you want it to be IE: the bottom of your screen.
once you have move it right click again on the TaskBar and put a TICK in the "Lock the TaskBar"

hammy-lzd

o

Thanks ravencajun and hammy-lzd, with your help I moved it back!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here