Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Captions for photo's

Posted by esteban_2009 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 15:19

I would like to be able to put text only captions above/below the photo's I e-mail from my photos in X-P, SP3.
Is that even possible?
Once again, thanks.
Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Captions for photo's

Irfanview will allow you to put text INTO THE PHOTO. You can experiment with colors for both the font and the background, or make the background transparent. You'll want to make the font very large.

Here is a link that might be useful: Irfanview

o

you could send them embedded in the actual body of the email and that way you could type info above and below them. If you do them as attachments you would want to add the text to the body of the picture itself as mentioned above.
I add text and arrows and all sorts of stuff to photos using the online picnik, very easy to use and nothing to install on the pc.

look on your email client for how to embed them into the email.

Here is a link that might be useful: picnik

o

azinoh & rc,
I appreciate your responses, thanks.
30 minutes after I sent the original message, my neighbor came over with his 15 year old grandson, I told them I had just written for help with this problem. The grandson asked where my computer was and I told him. After us two old men had had a beer he came out and told me he had loaded Pisca, and then he showed me how to use it. I think it will do all I want it to do.
Steve

o

Steve glad you have it sorted out. A suggestion though, next time have the 15 year old guide you through the process with you at the keyboard. That way you learn much more than by watching.

o

Raven when you say embedded is that the same as insert?

o

probably yes, embedded is with in the body of the email itself not as a stand alone attachment. I would guess that is what you mean by insert?

for hotmail I have 2 options for adding a picture I can just select the attachment option and provide the picture location in a browse box, or I can click on photos in the options list and that will do what we are talking about, embed or insert it into the body of the email.

I normally use the attachment method, just habit I guess.

o

Thank you Raven, just wanted to confirm. PC terminology has always bothered me I have no one to "talk PC" with. LOL

o

Hi Obist,
Good suggestion,but that cold beer was calling my name.
Steve

o

You can add text, frames fix pics. etc. with "photoscape"
like this:Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here