Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Error-need help

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 14:29

Tried to go to the web site of the funeral home,and got this
Quick time error---then plug in error---an error occured inside a plug-in contained on this page
How can I correct/delet this
I checked and yes I have Quick time listed in programs
I have XP and used internet explorer to search for web site.
Thanks
Marie
PS-Computer said something about Apple???Tried to install it-but got same error

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Error-need help

I might look in my Internet Explorer Manage Add-Ons... and try to remove the QuickTime if it shows there & then go to Control Panels Add/Remove programs , and uninstall it.

Then go back to the site and it should offer to install it.. if the page really uses it.

Or you can reinstall Quicktime for windows from apple computers from here....

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

o

Were you trying to access some form of audio or video that is hosted on the funeral home web site? If yes, can you download the item and play it with whatever software is appropriate?

If this is not what you were trying to do, then it wouldn't surprise me if the error was generated by an ad not being loaded properly by the funeral home web site. Unless you are having other similar problems, I'm not sure its worth the effort of dealing with it. The following is just an opinion: until the day comes that I want an Apple computer, no Apple software will ever be on my Windows computer. That includes iTunes and especially Quicktime. YMMV.

o

I removed quick time and have had no problem with ITunes. I love Itunes, much easier than WMP.

o

Thank you, while waiting for answers, I did some stuff also. Updated it, installed something else etc and it seems to work ok now. I got into the site ok
Thanks again

o

Thank you, while waiting for answers, I did some stuff also. Updated it, installed something else etc and it seems to work ok now. I got into the site ok
Thanks again

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here