Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ext HD

Posted by Penbraxii (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 12:20

Since reformatting my laptop certain music and photo editing programmes are not fully functional when trying to edit contents of Ext HD....I get error reports.
The programmes do function with files added to the HD
post reformat.
What did I muck up?...thank you

All programmes are up to date.

Win 7

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ext HD

The problem as you're describing it isn't completely clear to me. Is it something wrong with the programs, or something wrong with the data (photo and music) files? Have you tried to open the music and photo files with other programs?

When a program isn't running properly, the first thing to do is to uninstall it, delete all the accompanying files in the program and app data folders, and then re-install it. Have you tried that?

o

There is nothing wrong with the programmes...MP3Gain for example works well with all tunes on HD that were added after reformat and tunes on laptop....it's the tunes on the HD that were there before reformat that are not accepted by the editing programmes..nothing wrong with any data. I can play tunes and view pictures...
MP3Gain gives me an error in processing message and photo editing will not save.
If I Drag and Drop a tune from the Ext HD onto desktop MP3Gain works but not directly from the HD.
Hope that clarifies.
Just to be sure I have re installed all programmes.

This post was edited by Penbraxii on Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 14:46

o

Maybe the problem is that drag and drop has decided it doesn't like a program or two. For mp3gain, instead of doing drag and drop, try clicking on File, Add Files, and then go through the Windows Explorer-like screen to add the files you want from your external drive. Does that work?

Or, there are other free programs that do the Replay Gain analysis for volume leveling. Foobar and Winamp come to mind, there are many others. In addition, these two have many other handy features.

o

The programmes work fine.
I decided to delete and reload the tunes and pics onto
my HD's and all works well now.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here