Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windows 8 End User Training Brochure

Posted by owbist (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 12:03

For those new to Windows 8 the Windows 8 End User Training Brochure might well be worth a look at. Plenty of screenshots and examples. It is a PDF file so you will need a PDF reader which I am sure you all have installed anyway.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windows 8 End User Training Brochure

Our local paper said the update on W 8 would be released Oct 17 and it would be free for anyone with W 8. I read in here it would be in Oct but don't remember seeing a specific day. Maybe this will help the users who don't like it.

I am really curious about the new OS when it comes out, W 9 I guess it will be called. I am wondering if they go back to the older style.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 12:56

o

I love Windows 8! If anyone is new to it, go to YOUTUBE and do a search on Windows 8, there are many tuturials for it. I got mine in April and and learned a lote from youtube so helpful. Like I said I love windows 8.

o

Emma,

You are correct. Windows Blue (v8.1) will be released on October 17 through Windows Update.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-blue-update-to-build-on-and-improve-windows-8-1131737

As to W9 see below:

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: TechRadar

o

Thanks DA.

o

I have been looking at some of the movies people have posted in youtube but, ehhh, they are better than microsoft's but not well organized and can frustrating when they say or ask you to try something... and a part of the instructions covers something you cannot do yet.

I am waiting for one that will show me how to control the volume, how to "x" out of a window or show me what Windows Explorer/Games/etc was replaced by. Kind of cheap of Microsoft to not include good ole solitaire anymore...

I am still powering off the PC when I have too much stuff open and cannot close them! LOL! Oh well. You do what you have to do, right?

Thanks for the new link, owbist. Will check it out tomorrow.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 1:03

o

Get the games on Windows 8. How-To Geek shows you how to copy the games folder from Windows 7 to Windows 8. If you nolonger have a Win 7 machine find a friend :~)

Closing windows. When more than one window is open simply right click on the taskbar icon of the one you wish to close then click to close the program.

If you have a window behind the Start window go to the top left corner and click as it appears.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here