Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use this program-is it safe

Posted by lotodig (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 11:07

I was browsing the Help2Go site and found this app listed on their 'Recommended Software' list. It looks like it might help me clean up my USB ports where in the past I've had grandkids not use the 'safe to uninstall' feature and there's a list of connections I can't get rid of.

Any recommendations or warnings?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use this program-is it safe

It's safe to use. Here's another

Here is a link that might be useful: clean usb

o
RE: Anyone use this program-is it safe

I have not used that particular one but I have used many of the Nirsoft tools and have always had very good results and no problems. Now some of their tools for retrieving your passwords from your own pc or your wireless network will sometimes trigger a negative response from some antivirus programs those are false positives and due to the very nature of the tool, they do have a page on their site letting you know that may happen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here