Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox 15.0

Posted by gadgets (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 10:59

The message came up this morning that FF15.0 was ready to download. I clicked to let it do so, just as I usually do. After it was done, it came up with a box saying that one of the items in Zone Alarm wasn't compatible with this new version. I didn't think to write it down before I clicked out of it. I think it said something about 'search'. I clicked for it to search to see if there was something else compatible, and answer was no. Is my ZA safe?

Dell XPS
Microsoft Windows XP
SP 3

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox 15.0

Additional info:

When I click on troubleshooting in FF 15, the page it brings up shows under 'extensions':

Zone Alarm Security Engine
Version: 1.5.380.0
Enabled: False

Shirley

o

I got the FF15 message and downloaded and restarted and Help>about firefox still shows 14.0.1

o

I upgraded v14.0.1 to v15.0 last night without concern and it works fine.

The same three add-ons, two expanded AVG tools and an appearance, that did not work with the prior version still are not compatible. No biggie though.

DA

o

The same here too no issues. With v15.0

Joe

o

I just installed FF v15.0, no issues.

o

I installed it and so far no problems. I don't like the black on the top, so I was using the red cats/green flavor and it is not compatible with 15. Most are sports or black themes, but did find a blue theme that works for me.

o

Emma,
Having previously lost my appearance add-on to v14.0 I have since been using Foxdie (graphite). It doesn't remove the upper 1/2 inch black margin, but it does change the whole interface. Icons and print are visually clear. All-in-all it's not bad though I would still rather have my Charamel back.

DA

o

Within the last 30 minutes I downloaded 15 & sure hope I have no problems..
Dar

o

My second attempt went smoothly and with not subsequent problems.

o

New versions of Chrome, Opera, and Slimbrowser available too.

DA

o

Thanks DA, I will check that out. I installed FF 3 aero which is a light blue and it works for me. Top is still black, but that is not something I have to read like a tool bar. The red cats(green flavor) was not compatible with 14 either, that is why I stayed with 13. The author may have retired so I wasn't waiting any longer.

o

DA, I like the look of it better than what I installed, but a bit small for me to read. So I went to the advanced appearance settings and changed the size of the fonts, 1 number. Works great thanks for the tip.

Stupid cataracts!

o

As always you are welcome.

DA

o

I am in desperate need of help. My computer crashed and I bought a new one. I was using MS Publisher 2007 but cannot load it on the new computer. So, I am using Art Eplosion Publisher Pro Silver Edition and have never used it before. Somehow, I lost the left hand side Toolbar where the Text button is located. I have looked everywhere to get this back and can't do it. Pleae, can someone help with this?

o

nonnie_ga, since this thread has to do with FF15.0, and you are asking questions about a publishing program, you are more likely to receive help if you start a new thread using the name of the program.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here