Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Secunia and Quick Time Player insecure

Posted by vala55 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 10:59

Is anyone else having a problem with Quick Time Player V 7.69.80.9 being found insecure by Secunia? Everything works fine, Itunes plays. I have tried repair, clicked on secunia's solutions, uninstalled, re installed and Googling for an answer. Is this anything to be concerned about.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Secunia and Quick Time Player insecure

Almost all popular, complex software is insecure in the sense that there are holes that can be exploited...if not today, maybe tomorrow. When something like Secunia finds a vulnerability, it may be a false positive or it may be totally trivial. You can spend a lot of time trying to chase down stuff like this in the futile quest to make your computer 100% secure. Keep your antivirus up-to-date, run Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware every week or two, and go back to enjoying your computer. The only way to have a relatively secure computer is to have it turned off, disconnected from any power source, locked in a vault, and never used. Just my 2 cents....

o
RE: Secunia and Quick Time Player insecure

Thanks kudzu, I figured it was that way but wanted to confirm it. I always run everything at least once a week or more often if I feel there is a problem. Secunia is new software to me and I wasn't sure. I do like the software.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here