Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Battery power

Posted by urlee (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 10:56

I am interested in purchasing the Acer D270-1865 or D270-1186 netbook.

4400 mAh vs 2200mAh
Besides longer run time, does a 6 cell make any difference in the performance of the netbook from a 3 cell?

If not, I think the 4 hour one would suffice.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Battery power

no all the battery specs like that relate to battery life.
My netbook stays plugged in most of the time and if I start to run out of battery when I am on battery I just plug it in and use it plugged in while the battery recharges. Mine came with the small battery, I bought a larger one but it looks strange on the netbook and makes it much heavier and bulkier so I generally leave the small one on it that came on it.
check the weights on those batteries to know how much it will add to the weight of your netbook the big ones are pretty heavy. I think I had bought a 9 or 10 for mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here