Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spyware/ Trojan help

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 10:25

I am in over my head.
Photobucket

There was a message popped up from my Superantispyware software.

I have tried three times to run and delete these. the software found 16 each time it runs it finds a different amount. I have not been able to get rid of this.

What is this and how do I get rid of it if the Software is not removing them.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spyware/ Trojan help

This link may answer your question: SuperAntiSpyware Trojan.Agent/Gen-Kryptik

o

I would suggest that you go to the Landzdown forum and have the team there guide you through the process of removing all the possible infections on your computer. By doing so, you can be fairly sure that your machine is clean.

www.landzdown.com

o

Ok, I just read the link provided by bob414. Try that option first before you consider going to landzdown.

o

If after reading Bob's link you are not quite sure then download and install Malwarebytes, update it and run a full scan

Here is a link that might be useful: Malwarebytes download page

o

Hello,

I found this Infomation on the SuperAntiSpware forum:

False positve

"There was an issue affecting some users which has been corrected with the latest release, please update your definitions now. Any items removed can be restored by opening SUPERAntiSpyware, clicking Manage Quarantine, selecting the detection and clicking Restore."

"Michael G.
Customer Service Representative
SUPERAntiSpyware
www.superantispyware.com "

http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/7052-trojanagentgen-kryptik/

Joe

o

Thank you for your help everyone. The issue may be resolved. I updated the latest Superantispyware a few minutes ago and the message did not come back up after I rebooted. Seems like my spy ware was updated almost daily, but it was just old enough that it did not have the current fix that I needed.

You guys are super.

o

I just had a pop up with some "cookie download" file similar to a video or PDF file pop up on my screen. I ignored it, and I hope the owners of this forum will make sure we are not exposed to malware or spyware.

o

Neonrider I suspect that was a new warning that cookies are used. The UK (and possibly other nations?) issued instructions that sites must notify users about the cookies, you had to click to agree I think. Just a harmless feature alerting you to the use of cookies on the site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here