Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
facebook loading problem

Posted by carolssis (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 10:19

My hubby asked me to speed up the desktop, everything was really slow and sometimes it froze up. I spent hours delete this and that on 2 users. Ran 2 malware, spyware programs, ran antivirus. Bring up IE and it won't load facebook. Sister in law insisted he open facebook page, set it as his second "home" page. "First" home page loaded in good time, but of course, the home page could not be used, (appeared frozen) until facebook loaded. It was taking forever. I went to tools and took it out of the line up. Why would this happen, and after having it set up this way for several months? Windows XP OS. Any ideas would be helpful. Everything appears to work fine now and machine purrs along, it's all cleaned out, and defragged.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: facebook loading problem

Can you run this program for us.

Download AdwCleaner http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
Link below too for your convenience.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
***Note: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:

Right click in the adwCleaner.exe and select "run as adminstrator"

1 Click the Search button.

2 A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.

3 Please post the content of that logfile in your next reply.

4 Or you can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: adwcleaner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here