SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

BlueRay, not a computer but..

jerry_nj
10 years ago

I post here as there appears to be a close connection between BlueRay players and the Internet, even computer-like.

I am considering buying my first BlueRay mainly for playing movies, and it seems my DVD system is now too ancient.

I see in a very affordable (Under $100) Samsung F5900 I can get into:
Access streaming content and the web with built-in Wi-Fi and Smart Hub

I assume this means if I have an account with a provider, such as Netflex, and I have a high speed enternet access via WiFi, this unit can connect using my access to and play on my TV a movie that is downloading in real time. Right? I now have 1.5 mbit DSL, too slow I assume, but save that I understand I can still "rent" over the internet a movie that is down loaded over the Internet.

I appreciate any brief inputs on this, here my feeling is I should at least get WiFi connectivity as I have a WiFi router and Internet access. I also have Ethernet... that said I don't know what it means when the BR Player says "WiFi and Smart Hub".. does this mean the BR Player not only can access via WiFi, it ahs a "Smart Hub" capability.. whatever that is.

I can't see any reason to go to a higher priced unit as movies would be only a couple times a month at the most.

Comments (7)