SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Is there a way to print skype messages? save text messages?

lynnalexandra
11 years ago

Hi. I have some questions on behalf of my daughter - who would like to save copies of some conversations and stories she is telling friends over skype, texting, etc.

She and her friends often type messages to each other on skype (rather than video chatting). They've come up with some cool, creative stories and want to be able to save them - and print them. She can see that old conversations can be searched for (up to 60 days I think) - but she'd like to print some of them. WE can't find that as an option. Any ideas of how to do this?

The other is about wanting to save some of her texts. Her phone seems to have ridiculously short storage space for texts. Since she and friends chat via technology for a long time, it's easy to get to 200 texts in just a few conversations. Her phone (verizon wireless LG ENV3) told her that texts had to be deleted to make room. She went ahead and deleted texts she had wanted to save so that she had room to continue texting with her friend. I think those texts are long gone - but she wondered if there was a way to transfer them to computer - or increase storage (there is an micro sd slot in the phone (I think). I read various things on the net - nothing that pointed me in the right direction. Seems many people, across different phones, sometimes have issues with being told that storage for texts is filled - when they know they have more room on their phone. (I don't know if she has pictures on the phone - if so, that would take up room - is there a way to transfer her pictures?).

Unforunately, she started deleting things that were precious to her before she told me about this. I've advised her to hold off until I can see if there's a way to free up storage space for texts - or transfer them.

In a couple of years, she'll probably have all the answers and be helping me with my tech questions. But for now, she has some savvy, but no clue about these questions.

Thank you.

Lynn.

I don't see that option along the tool bar.

Thank you.

Lynn.

Comments (8)