Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you know how to unlock my PC from FBI warnings?

Posted by jessico (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 7:49

Hi there! I`m new her and I`m looking for some help to solve the following PC problem I have experienced lately. Yesterday when I rebooted my PC I saw a message sent to my computer from FBI. It said that my PC had been locked because of my illegal actions. I was asked to pay some fee to unlock my PC. Now my PC is still LOCKED and I can`t use it at all. Please, if you know how I can remove the message and fix my PC, tell me! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you know how to unlock my PC from FBI warnings?

Follow this guide:

Here is a link that might be useful: FBI scam

o

It's yet another malware scam...

Here is a link that might be useful: FBI Warning

o
RE: Do you know how to unlock my PC from FBI warnings?1

Check out this video too

Here is a link that might be useful: FBI warning scam

o

why don't you go over to LzD forum and the team will help you get rid of that fully with a few scans that way you will know it is all gone and nothing else is lurking.
go there and register, start a new thread of your own in the Malware removal area I link to here. And post exactly what you have posted here. do NOT click anything on that FBI warning or mess with it at all.

Analysis and Malware Removal

If you need assistance let me know I am there also.

o

jessico-
After you get this fixed, we should continue this thread. To avoid a similar incident in the future, we should have a dialogue with you about what kind of anti-virus you do -- or don't -- have, and what you might have clicked on to install the virus in the first place.

o

Well, see what happened. I was offline for some time this is why I was unable to tell you the conclusion of my incident. I read carefully all your advices and I also searched for more details on google. I found different articles describing the problem, this one for example http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012/06/26/remove-fbi-moneypak-virus/ and I came to the decision that I have to use some automated tool if I didn`t want to find that my system had crashed due to my poor attempts to fix it. So I downloaded Malwarebytes and run it. It detected some infection and after I removed it the PC worked again as it had never been locked. Thank you for your help guys!

o

yes you would have been told to do that at the forum I linked you to but there are other scans to do that will determine if all aspects of that infection are gone or if some still lurk and you really want to know that don't you?
Just go to the LzD link I provided post a thread there and run a few scans guided by some great people and then you will know for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here