SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walnutseed

MSE error

abreeze
11 years ago

This past winter I successfully uninstalled Avast free and installed MSE on my sister's Toshiba laptop which runs XP with sp3. She lives out of state, and I check her pc when I visit. (Her pc is used very infrequently - only when her daughters visit twice a year. I use my own when I'm here, but I check updates, do scans, etc for her.)

She had a lot of MSE updates to install. I believe it said that the updates were in a package. I was shocked to see it begin the install by saying "installing 1 of 105 updates." I've never experienced anything like that on my XP, Vista or 7 machines. After about halfway through the install, I went to bed.

When I got up, the pc said a restart was necessary to complete the install. After the restart, I found a message saying that MSE is turned off. The security symbol is red with a white x. When I try to open MSE, it just gives me the Windows Security Center. Doing a right click doesnâÂÂt give me any workable options, either. I've been googling for well over an hour and see that there may be a conflict of some kind. There are no other antivirus programs installed.

MSE is not listed in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. I was hoping to uninstall and reinstall it...

I would greatly appreciate your advice. Thank you.

abreeze

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio