Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shut down

Posted by christophern (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 5:07

I had to move my computer to the upstairs, so I got a net gear wireless adapter for it. It works fine but everytime I turn it off in rhe hibernate position, it shuts down completly and I get this error message after I have to re boot it

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002C8EF2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081312-22588-01.dmp
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42463-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Am I doing something wrong, is there a way to avoid it shutting down completly?
Thanks,Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shut down

' I got a net gear wireless adapter '

Open device manager.... Look for an updated driver.. hopefully with WHQL, Windows Hardware Quality Labs approval.

o

Thanks, it says it is the latest up dated driver.

o

Actually, I would suggest to ditch the hibernation and sleep options and shut it down normally...always seems to be problems associated with those two functions

o

'... everytime I turn it off in rhe hibernate position, it shuts down completely...'
Not sure you can turn it off when in the hibernate position. Can you explain what you were doing?

is there a way to avoid it shutting down completely?
When it is in the hibernate mode is it infact just totally idle and not shut down? My Windows 7 computer (self build so may be different) goes into snooze mode and is totally silent as all data is transferred to the memory(RAM). I wake mine either by stabbing the keyboard or mouse button, can you do that? This for me eliminates the need to ever shut the computer down.

I have never ever used the hibernate feature on computers.

o

I agree I never use hibernate I disable it on everything has tended to cause more problems than it is worth.
Mine are always up always ready.
I just set all the power options to always on.

o

Well, I have always used the hibernate function as it shuts down the machine completly but just comes back to where I shut it down, it does not have to re boot. Now it does. I just don't get why.I suppose when I move it back to the ethernet cable it will return to normal, hopefully.

o

Might go back to Device Manager and look at Properties for the wifi network adapter. It will have list of options that you can change settings for... maybe something there will stick out.

It also has a Power Management tab.. probably should make sure to allow power management to kill it when it hibernates or sleeps.

Win7.. hibernate & sleep modes should work, if settings all set ok and whql drivers.

o

Maybe look in your wired network adapter too.. with it not in use,, maybe its the culprit.

o

Hi christophern,

Out of curiosity could you post this,

Download WhoCrashed See link below for whocrashed.
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

1 Put a tick in Accept then click on Next.

2 Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next

3 Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon. then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish.
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it.
Copy and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks Joe..:)

Here is a link that might be useful: WhoCrashed

o

Maybe look in your wired network adapter too.. with it not in use,, maybe its the culprit.

That was it! Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here