Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help?

Posted by sassyd (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 3:59

Can someone please be kind enough to help me.... with a hacker situation? Seriously, I know this happens all the time on FB but this is personal and its got to stop and I don't know how.

I realize she can delete the account but thats not the point. Its more than personal now. If you're interested in helping please email me at dianehardee@ymail.com I can't thank you enough if you can help. We have every reason to believe its a family member, just don't know how to be sure. (Yeah, I know...its disgusting) Please help, I know you guys know, just tell me what info you need.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help?

Wow!

o

Well thats just great, hacked everywhere............screw it. I don't even care anymore, have fun.

o

I cannot help with anything Facebook but I would like to suggest you never add your full email address to an open forum. You never know who may be lurking and you leave yourself open to possible abuse. You obviously used an address when you registered here and other member should know how to contact you there to maintain your anonymity.

Also, anyone offering help here on the forum gives lurkers an opportunity to learn things too.

You could tell us the names of the safety programs you use, when they were last updated and when you last ran a full scan with each of them.

o

So...it took only 1 hour 13 minutes to go from "please help" to "I don't even care anymore". Makes me glad that I've never gone anywhere near FB. If it's really this bad, I'd normally suggest to reinstall Windows and run it from a user account, not as administrator. On the other hand, there's always Linux.

o

When someone has access to your Facebook account and think your computer hacked ... go to neighbor or friends and open a new email account, change your facebook email & password. Go home scan your computer with SuperAntiSpyware & anything else you like.. change your router security, make sure remote access is off... especially wifi security.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here