Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help With LG Phone Memory

Posted by iggie (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 12 at 1:37

recently I purchased a chip to expand the camera memory on my LG 500 cell phone the original memory is full and I want to keep the pictures. I installed the memory unit as per instructions, pulled metal cover for chip area back and installed the extra memory, everything went easily in place, however when I try to snap a picture I still get the memory full message on my screen. Did I miss something, can someone please tell me what I did wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help With LG Phone Memory

You need to format the new card before it'll work...

Here is a link that might be useful: Format LG 500 Card

o

I didn't have to do any formating with my LG. You shouldn't have to as a mini SD card is user ready.

For my LG located: Settings>Memory>Save Options>Image>Select Card Memory>OK.

DA

o

I have an LG env3 and my phone formatted my card the first time I put it in the phone. Same when I had my env2. I am on verizon and was told on the verizon forums you do have to format. Maybe phones on other carriers don't? Mary

o

OK, wait a minute here. Are you folks talking about formatting the card or configuring the phone as I described above? Again, I didn't do a thing other than insert the card and configure the phone.

DA

o

Formatting the card. My phone did it when I inserted the card then I was good to go. Mary

o

Also the micro card should have came with an adaptor. Place the micro card in the adaptor then into the card reader in the computer and if it was formatted you should see various folders on the card for music photos and such. If you don't see those folders on the card then its not formatted. That is how my micro card and phone work so I assume other phones are the same. Mary

o

Nope. I didn't have to do that. What more can I say before we get too far off the point? The key here is the phone most likely needs to be configured to store data on the card. My Image options are Default or Card Memory. I can switch between them anytime I want.

DA

o

I just know any verizon phone I have had the card was formatted when I installed it the first time to create all the various folders needed but I don't have a smart phone just a multimedia phone so maybe thats why. Mary

o

I have an LG Phone, and didnt have to format the card either. DA's instructions above will take care of the problem you are having. Good Luck :-))

o

So if a phone does not format the card when you insert it how do all the folders get on there or do your phones not need folders? My phone if I want to drag and drop stuff onto the card from the computer like photos and music I have to put it in the appropriate folder for each one but as I said I don't have one of the fancy smart phones either, just curious. Mary

o

Iggie I am going to assume your phone is an LG500 Tracfone? If so after pulling the metal clip back to install the sd card did you slide the metal clip back over the card until it clicked into place? The card may not be seated properly. You should see a little card icon next to the battery icon. Also 4mb would be the most the phone could handle... installing any more than that and it won't work.

Bob

o

Bob, are you sure you don't mean 4GB? I don't think SD cards come as small as 4MB.

o

Bobbie thanks for the catch... yes that should have been 4GB.

o

Bobbie,

Once upon a time they did come smaller. I have a 16MB SD which came with my Canon camera not too many years back. It definitely has a larger one now.

DA

o

Didn't know they ever came that small. I have a 128MB USB stick that I bought some time ago. Still use it, especially when I want to help a friend install something such as a security program.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here