Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Facebook 'extras'

Posted by mimilm (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 1:34

Hi,
How do I get rid of extras that have been appearing on
my FB page? I have things from Coors Light, Barack Obama,
Sears, and a few more things. I don't ever remember clicking on to any of these ads. They take up a lot of my space!!!
Anyone else have the same problem???
Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Facebook 'extras'

Facebook is not free but some may think so. It is paid advertising similar to that you may see once in a while on TV. FB is down to about $21 ($38 at the beginning) on the market and FB is trying to get some revenue. Zuckerberg's fortune is in jeopardy.

o

I don't have any ads. Firefox with Adblock Plus installed.

o

Move your mouse out to the right of the ads in your Wall or whatever its called .. and magically an x or drop down box appears.
There you can hide them or mark them to go away forever.

o

Even when I disable ad-blocking I only occasionally get a couple small ads in the right column.

If you're seeing more than that, have you installed any ad-ons to style/enhance Facebook? Some of those add their own ads.
Maybe this will help: https://www.facebook.com/help/adware

If I found nothing there, I'd look in "Add/Remove Programs" for anything suspicious.

And of course, run my scans.

I'm no expert though, just relating what I'd probably do.

BTW, a screenshot might help someone to recognize whether you're experiencing typical Facebook ads or something more obnoxious/intrusive.

o

hi, Thank you all for your help!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here