Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crossword for kindle fire

Posted by gogwmos (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 0:17

I downloaded MacNamara's Band crossword puzzles on my new Kindle Fire. I am not familiar yet with how to change settings, and the choices for the crossword puzzles are all numbers, no letters. I have tried everything I can think of to revert them to letters, but no luck.

How do I get the letters back?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crossword for kindle fire

does it say this is available for use on the kindle? I am not familiar with it at all so have no clues for you. Some apps do not work on some tablets.

o

I looked it up did not see mention of it for android where did you get it from? I am just not seeing the one you mention as an app for android anywhere please post the link to where you got this app.

you might try looking at this page it shows some good rated crossword apps that work on kindle fire.
Crosswords Plus

I personally use crossword lite on my android tablet.

o

In the amazon app store crossword lite and crossword light are free as well as the crossword plus. If you side loaded that app from some where else it may not be compatible. Mary

o

It was offered as a free download through Kindle Fire and Amazon. I got it back to normal, I don't know why it did it in the first place!

Thanks all.

o

Can you give the link to it in the amazon app store as it's not showing up for me and I might like this. Mary

o

Mary, I clicked on Apps and then Store and found it in there. It goes through Amazon to download, I am pretty sure it was free since those were the only ones I downloaded my first week with it. I don't remember if it is labeled "MacNamara's Band", but there was a picture of a crossword puzzle on the link.

They are fairly easy puzzles, but some do have a theme. Perfect for a break at work.

o

Must be gone, I searched the store on the fire and on the computer and nothing with that name comes up under apps. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here