Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
screen same size but everything smaller?

Posted by abbey_cny (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 23:52

Not sure what I did but I apparently did something! I have my screen maximized but everything is appearing smaller. Previously, for example, when I pull up Garden Web it would fill most of the screen, but now it just fills up the middle of the screen with lots of blank space on either side of it. Same with everything else. I am running Firefox on a mac computer. What did I do and what can I do to fix it? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Abbey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: screen same size but everything smaller?

look at the far upper right corner and you'll see a dash; an outline of a box; and an x.

Click the box for a full-sized screen.

o

I am not a Mac person, but she does report she has the screen maximized.

DA

o

yes, the screen is maximized. I will keep trying to figure it out but for the moment I am getting used to it the way it is so I suppose that is better than nothing!

Abbey

o

I don't know if this will help, but have you tried placing the cursor on the corner edges of screen and stretching it to fit?

o

it's weird. The screen is the right size, it fills the entire screen of my computer. But the print on the various websites looks smaller. However I am getting used to it by now, lol, so I will just keep trying different things to fix it when I get on the computer. Thanks for the suggestion!

Abbey

o

If it were a Windows system I would suggest ctrl+ to enlarge the presentation. Mac? I don't know. Worth a try.

DA

o

Is it just affecting Safari?

Look at this article on the Apple Forums. Not just changing the font size but dragging the file com.apple.safari.plist from Home/Library/Preferences/ to the desktop. If Safari is back to normal after trying that you can apparently trash can the plist (preferences) file that you just moved. Launching Safari after dragging the file builds another preferences file. Kind of like resetting IE to default on a Windows computer.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to change font size in Safari?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here