Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Free Version Malwarebytes

Posted by Qurly_Q (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 22:05

I upgraded to the new version and I have had nothing but problems. It only does a full scan and it freezes your pc. It just doesn't seem to work as well as the last version did.

Anyone else experiencing problems with this new version and if so, any ideas how to get it to work right

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Free Version Malwarebytes

I like the new version. Have put it on several computers and had no problems.

Perhaps try uninstalling it from control panel and then when all is done, run its cleanup uninstall tool.

Restart computer before reinstalling it.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean

o

No problems here, running windows 7 on 2 computers with the latest version of it. Mary

o

I've used it for years. No problems for me with latest version running on Vista. Why don't you uninstall it and then reinstall and see if that helps?

o

Clean up your computer first before you download the new version. Two of my computers had no problem with it but the third one had pups and would not accept it until they were gone.

o

My computer froze & I got the blue screen right after I installed this new version.I didn't connect the two until I seen these posts.I will do as suggested.
Rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here