Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DVD burner won't burn??

Posted by Katie7911 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 21:41

I have an HP dv2000 laptop. It has a built in DVD player/burner. I'm trying to make some disks to get some of the junk off my computer, make some photo DVD's etc, and for some reason every time I try the program says that it can't find a DVD recorder! I've checked my drivers for the device but Windows says it's up to date. I use Vista, if that matters any. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DVD burner won't burn??

If you place a music or data DVD or CD in the drawer does it play the music or offer to display the data?

If the DVD burner is shot you would probably be better to buy an external DVD player/burner rather than replace the internal one.

o

Check your device manager. What does it tell you is there?

Are you sure it's a DVD burner? Some older PCs had DVD readers that were CD read/write.

o

There are several dv2000 models. This is for one of them as it may help. Google is your friend.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: HP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here