Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unable to connect to internet

Posted by abreeze (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 20:52

I received an iPad 2 as a gift several months ago. When I first unboxed it, connection to internet was a breeze - Verizon DSL. This weekend I stayed out of the state for a few days and was unsuccessful in my efforts to connect to my sister's network - Roadrunner with Time Warner. (I've been using my laptop there for years with no trouble.) Upon returning home to PA, I am now unable to connect to my network! My network's name comes right up, but does not give me any opportunity to type my security key... Thanks for any help you can give me.

abreeze

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unable to connect to internet

You need to use the 'Forget This Network' option on any networks that won't connect, then recreate the connection.

Should be under Settings (maybe Options), then Networks. Tap the right side of the network that you want to 'forget' and you should get the 'Forget This Network' option. I've never found a way to edit the connections.

You will be prompted to re-enter the network key when you choose it from the available networks list.

o

Thanks, pk! I'm connected once again! :)

o

Great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here