Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Couple of problems

Posted by arosegirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 11 at 20:03

My display driver is constantly shutting down..whatever that is!!
I have a Dell with Windows 7.
An upgrade was recently done, I think IE9 was installed. I don't like it at all. How can I delete it and go back to what I had. As you can tell I don't know much about computers. Many thanks, Charlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Couple of problems

How do you know the display driver keep shutting down? If there is an error message we would like to know exactly what it reports please.

Look near the clock for a pennant style flag and click the pennant to view the Action Centre and follow along with the instructions.

o

How do I know the display driver shuts down? It did it as I was typing this. The entire screen goes black then at the bottom of the screen it says the display driver shut down. My mouse won't work, etc. Most times I lose my work, this time I didn't.

I clicked on the pennant for the action center. There were 33 errors, I forwarded them to microsoft. Only message was my system isn't being backed up.

o

Do you need to reboot when the video card quits on you?

Go to the Event viewer and look for error messages.
Click Start/Control panel/System and Security and near the bottom of the page click 'View event logs' In the centre panel of the new window check out the Critical, Error and warning logs to see if they shed any light.

You might consider going to the Dell site and see if they have any updated video drivers for your model. Use the Service Tag fixed to the rear or bottom of the computer to quickly reach the right page.

o

Microsoft instructions for installing and uninstalling IE9. Good Luck

Here is a link that might be useful: Uninstall ie9

o

I had a laptop that began losing the screen display after the year guarantee. It was a wiring problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here