Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cannot remove Inbox.com

Posted by gumtrucker (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 19:49

Can anyone help me with removal of Inbox.com...My husband installed while trying to install a Nickolodeon game for my son. It does not show up in my programs add/remove. I am using windows XP. I want to get Verizon back as my home page when using Internet Explorer.
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cannot remove Inbox.com

Maybe the link below will help out.

Rosie

Here is a link that might be useful: Uninstalling Inbox

o

Hi folks, I just wanted to point that the link that tulsarose has posted was targeted in the yellow by my WOT plug-in. Visiting this site posses the possibility that your online safety might be compromised. This sites actions in the past have had them listed as a site that engages in the distribution of malicious software. Be very careful if you decide to continue to this site.

Please see the WOT Scorecard in the link below:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/toolbar.inbox.com

Inbox.com and the toolbar are associated the Crawler Toolbar. It would be of your best interest to register at LandzDown and have Corrine perform a more thorough check to ensure that you have no other malware that was installed along side. Inbox.com is very aggressive and obviously has hi-jacked your home page.

Here is a link that might be useful: LandzDown

o

My apologies to all concerned for posting a link to Inbox that could be harmful. Picked up the URL from Google...my bad!

Rosie

o

Rosie, get WOT (Web of Trust) and that won't happen again.

o

Get Linux and you don't need WOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Thanks for the link, Bob. I'll download it immediately if not sooner. :-)

As for Linux...no thanks. I'm too danged old and set in my ways to attempt learning an entirely new operating system.

o

I use linux and I still have WOT on all my browsers, I like to know where I am going too. I do have other windows computers and have friends with them so would not want to accidentally send a red wot site to them.

now to your problem are you using firefox? if so you may just have inbox as a plug in you would need to check in your plugin list and remove it from there in firefox. Tools>add ons> plugins could be in the add ons too click to uninstall it then restart your firefox.

In your add remove programs it should be listed there as inbox toolbar that is what you would want to remove

How can I uninstall the Inbox.com Toolbar?
there is a directions page that is safe to go to

and to reset your home page to what ever page you want it to be in firefox do the following within firefox ,click tools>options>the main tab at the top, then where it says set home page make sure you are on the page you want to have as your home page and then select use current page. Or type in the proper address for the site you want and select the proper option.

Another thing that sometimes happens with that tool bar is that it adds inbox to your search engines you can remove it from there also. up on your browser bar right next to the google icon in the goole search bar there is a tiny drop down arrow there that lists search engines you can remove inbox from there and put google back as the regular first choice.

for resetting your home page in IE
Change your Internet Explorer home page

o

If I was a betting man, and I am not as I don't gamble, I'd be willing to bet it is not the Inbox website that is of concern, but rather the toolbar product itself.

And, though advise is shared concerning FF I only see a comment by the original poster as to IE.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here