Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my icons are at the side

Posted by sammy (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 19:40

My icons are at the side of my desktop. I have a Windows Vista, and the globe that has off/on, is at the side - not at the bottom of the screen.

My desktop icons are ok, but the globe, internet browser icon, picassa, firefox, security, volumn, date, time, are all at the right side in a black background.

My dog got my mouse. I also have a desktop for paint forum. I have never gone to the paint forum, and know how to delete it.

Can anyone tell me how to change this? I right clicked the desktop, and clicked "view". I hit a button that organized my desktop icons, but did not move the ones at the right.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Sammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my icons are at the side

Grab the taskbar on the right and hold the mouse button down while you drag it back to the bottom (or where ever you want it to be). After getting it repositioned, right click and then left click on 'Lock the taskbar'.

As for, the background, right click in an open spot on the desktop and left click on 'Personalize'. You can choose a new Desktop background.

o
RE: my icons are at the side

It worked, and I locked the toolbar.
Thank you so much.

Sammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here