Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To watch a TV show on laptop

Posted by sfhill (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 19:30

My laptop is running Windows Vista Home Premium and is connected wirelessly to Comcast. Is there anyway that I can watch "The Oreilly Factor" which is on Fox news in streaming video on this laptop? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To watch a TV show on laptop

Have you found a "stream" on the internet with Fox..Check the Fox network to see if they offer a stream...it may be a taped stream rather than "live"

o

Try these sites but I don't know if they stream anything live or the next day or what. Mary

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html

http://www.billoreilly.com/

o

Make sure your browser and adobe flash player are up to date, and check to see if you have a video add-on for your browser and you should be ready to go. A search for the video is often faster than going to a show's website. When you find the video you can click on it and it will begin to play. Depending on the kind of connection you are using (broadband, dsl, etc.) you might have buffering where the video is interrupted while the stream downloads to your computer. This happens a lot in public hot spots and in hotels and similar places; the wi-fi isn't fast enough to handle video; if you are on satellite like a friend of mine is, expect some long waits. If your laptop can't display hd it's ok. Most video is available in lower resolution. Lastly, your cable tv service probably has a page on this topic if you are wanting to stream the program from tv to your laptop. I set it up on my desktop but didn't like it because the video only displays inside a frame box, not full screen like on a tv or on the web. So I prefer getting video off the web. Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here