Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hp alignment page and ink cartridge level problems

Posted by dahlia6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 17:35

I am annoyed by alignment pages that print when I haven't installed new cartridges. It happens frequently with this HP Photosmart C 4580. Since using Windows 7 and not XP, I have been unable to access HP SOLUTION CENTER due to what the message says is an installation problem. I used to be able to see a picture of the ink cartridge level on there. Is there any solution to either of these problems?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hp alignment page and ink cartridge level problems

Try downloading compatible Win7 drivers at this HP site [below], Dahlia. I think this may cure your problem. Many users lost the use of older equipment when they moved to Win7. It looks like you're in luck...and all that's necessary is upgrading the HP Photosmart drivers.

HTH

Anne

Here is a link that might be useful: HP Drivers

o

Just wondering...did you put non-HP cartridges in this printer? If you did, then all bets are off. I tried to use cartridges from Office Max in my Officejet 4500 and ran into all sorts of problems and ended up exchanging them for the HP brand. Generally, I like HP printers but this is one thing I don't like about them.

o

I have found that this problem occurs because the carriage is in the wrong place. Use the following steps. Turn off the printer. open the door.
If the carriage holding the cartridges does not rest at the proper place Ie where you can get the cartridges out then slide the cartridges to the correct place. Now shut the door and fire up the printer. You should not be asked to align

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here