Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Google images not working for me

Posted by acraftylady (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 12 at 15:40

The last few days when I go to google images to do a reverse image search it won't work. I click to browse and upload the photo from my computer and it just sits there spinning and won't upload, have left it 5min or more. Tiny eye is working fine but I prefer google. Is it me or them? Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Google images not working for me

I didn't know one could do a reverse image search. Reinforces that one should read all threads, even if the topic doesn't seem of interest - never can tell what can be learned.

Sorry, I can't help you Acraftylady but thanks for asking the question and teaching this dog a new trick.

o

Here are the links, I like google best as it seems to always find what I am searching for. I just booted up laptop and same thing, not working. I asked some friends online and no one else is having trouble with it so I can't figure out what happened as of a few days ago, it's very strange. I am sure I didn't touch any computer settings or anything. Mary

http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en

http://www.tineye.com/

o

I didn't know one could do a reverse image search.
Boy, that is a new wrinkle with me too.

Mary, what browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser? Have you tried numerous pics?

I just tried one with Firefox and the Tiny Eye and it worked.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Search by Image

o
RE: Oops...Google images not working for me

Tiny eye is working fine but I prefer google. Is it me or them?
I just tried it too with Google image search and it worked for me.

o

Using IE9 on both computers, haven't tried another browser as I don't have one on the desktop but guess I will install firerox and give it a try. Tiny eye I have no trouble with it's just google images and it started a few days ago and I just can't figure out what could have happened when everything else on the computer and online is fine.

I have used reverse image search for a few years now. I do needle work and I sometimes crome across one online on someones blog with no name so can usually track it down this way. Mary

o

Well it appears to be an IE problem as it works fine with firefox. Anyone have a clue on where to start? Mary

o

As of stoday it's back up and working so they must have worked out the IE glitch. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here