Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High Contrast Black causing a porblem

Posted by deew (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 15:37

I'm back with another problem. Oh, I hate Win 7!

I have High Contrast Black as my theme. I set Firefox to allow web pages to use their own colors, but when I go online, that command is overridden, and it's black there, too. I know I can use the left Shift + Alt + Print Screen to take it off, but then it takes it off offline, too, as well as the wallpaper I have set, and I have to go back and redo the theme all over again. I had HCB on my XP machine for years and never had a problem with it.

Is there a setting (besides the one I mentioned that isn't working) or a command of some sort that will allow me to have HCB offline and normal webpage colors online?

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High Contrast Black causing a porblem

Have yo had any luck? I don't have any clue about this one!

o

No, no luck. I guess no one else knows, either. One thing I didn't mention was that HCB seems to disable my WOT, because it doesn't show up in HCB. That's a real problem, since I depend on it a lot. Oh, well.

Dee

o

Why don't you uninstall the theme and try something else.

o

I've tried other themes. I've had the HCB for years and really love it. I'll think about a change, though.

Dee

o

The option probably/possibly is not an option in Windows 7.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here