Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
page too large for screen

Posted by lyban (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 15:34

Lately many times when I go to a web page it is a bit too large for my screen, I always have to scroll to the right to see the whole page but I am sure I never used to have to do this.
Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: page too large for screen

One possibility...hold the CTRL key while pressing the - (minus key) until the size is suitable to you.

o

it helps when you tell us which browser you are using

o

IF you are using FireFox there is a very neat add on called "No Squint". I use it and don't have any problems anymore with too big or too small pages.
When you set the page size to suit you using the - or + icon (that's on your tool bar when you download the add on), the page will stay that same size every time you go back to that page. I really like it.

o

Thanks everyone for the help.
The control and plus , minus did help .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here