Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need simple Win7 audio equalization program

Posted by hald (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 13:34

Im looking for a simple pc audio equalization program. I'd like to be able to adjust the bass/midrange/treble when Im using headphones on my desktop Win7 Ultimate.

I signed up for Netflix, and have been enjoying it. In the past 2-3 months I've tried several brands and types of headphones. All of them are too bass heavy, to the point where if Im watching, say House of Cards, the bass frequencies are so strong that it's often difficult to understand what the actors are saying. I haven't found a way to adjust the bass frequencies on my system. Maybe there is an easy simple way? Or a simple program that could do the trick?
Thanks in advance...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need simple Win7 audio equalization program

FWiW .. Most laptops would have a sound program in control panel with several ways to tune the sound. I can screw those setting up easy so I just keep it disabled :)

My laptop now its control panel icon is SmartAudio.

You might want to update or reinstall your sound card driver which most likely will come with some kind of ambient room types and a equalizer and some speaker style settings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here