Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windows 7 ???

Posted by redrabbit (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 12:58

A dumb , but simple question. Does Windows 7 have a favorite selection or is it now a bookmark ?? If there is a favorite where do you find it ? THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windows 7 ???

A bookmark is a function of the browser that you use, not the operating system.

o

I understand that. I just wanted to know if there is a favorite like on my old system. With vista there was a star to click on to get your favorites

o

Try right clicking in IE's toolbar area and make sure that you have a check next to Favorites Bar.

o

I hate to ask but where or what is the IE's area ?

o

IE = Internet Explorer. Are you using that as your browser, or Firefox, or Chrome, or ???

o

Firefox..

o

As Sushipup stated above, the Favourites (now called Bookmarks, but same thing), has nothing to do with Windows 7, but is a function of Firefox.

When you open a Firefox page, look up in the top left corner of the screen. Do you see File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks etc? That Bookmarks is your old Favourites.

When you find a page you want to save, right click on that page and click Bookmark This Page.

Then go up on screen and click Bookmarks, and your saved link will be there in the drop-down box.

o

Firefox has bookmarks, IE (Internet Explorer) calls them favorites. I'm sure that you can understand the confusion.

o

Thanks Guys I appreicate the help........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here