SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

I know almost nothing about iPad.

mudlady_gw
11 years ago

For a long time I believed I lacked the sophistication to want or use an iPad. I have a desk top and tower PC, a router, a laptop, a netbook (which made the laptop unnecessary) and my Kindle says it receives new books in my home via WiFi. I know an iPad can use WiFi or 4G services. At home, I have only one bar on my prepaid Verizon cell phone and the company admits I am in a rather poor reception area. My DSL is only fair because I am too far from the "box" that carries the service.

My tower generates a lot of heat and is a problem during the summer. Is it true that frequently turning a computer on and off shortens its life? I can use the netbook but carrying it around the house is awkward due to the raised cover and the likelihood that my cats will knock it over. It finally occurred to me that an iPad would be really nice to have because I could avoid the heat of the PC tower and enjoy the convenience of carrying it to any room in the house, and also use it while in my recliner.

I have only the most basic cell phone service and have never found it necessary to text or use lots of apps. I don't do any social networking other than email. Even if better cell phone service became available in my neighborhood I doubt I would be willing to pay for anything more than simple phone calls.

So--my question is this: Because my needs are pretty simple, should I buy an iPad or some other, cheaper tablet? I would like to read books on it, get email and surf the net.

Thanks for any information/advice offered.

Nancy

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Macanson Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Cabinetry & Flooring Company in Ashburn – Since 2013!