Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
email and it's notification

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 12:20

email and it's notification... I know on a PC you can request a feed back when someone reads your sent email.. but I thought there was a way that it can also indicate when it shows on the recipient computer screen. Am I wrong here I thought there was.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: email and it's notification

I use Outlook 2010 and previously used Outlook 2003. Both versions allow Tracking Options for mail sent. Under Mail "Options" scroll down to "Tracking" and check the options you want. You may request a "delivery receipt" as well as a "read receipt"...but I urge caution when using these options. Not only do some servers refuse them, but they're not a popular tool with many recipients. Further, if your system should become infected with some em generating problem and you've opted for these email notifications, every piece of em sent from your system will flood other systems with your requests...as well as returning innumerable notices to you. So...a word to the wise...consider the down side of this Tracking option before you opt for it.

Anne

o
RE: email and it's notification

There is or was a third party free program that did that. However if the recipient knows how to do it they can go in the back door and read the message and you will be none the wiser.

I had an irritating lady who always did that to me, I would go in the back door then answer her emails and she never asked how I did it. I do not like being tracked.

As Anne notes it is in Outlook but that is a business program and for many it is necessary to know when the message has been seen to protect themselves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here