Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Internet Explorer

Posted by texasgirl54 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 11:42

I have big problems with IE and would like to install Safari or Firefox.
How do I do this??
Uninstall IE completely on my Control panell and install a new browser?? Od just add the new browser?
I have Windows XP.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Internet Explorer

Very simple to do, go here for the Firefox download page and here for Safari. Install both and try them, they use no resources when not active and you can then see if there is a preference for you.

Not to try confusing you but there are also Opera and Chrome both of which are as good as those you select.

o
RE: Internet Explorer

Add the new browser. It's just another program and your computer doesn't care whether you have one browser or ten, and they don't interact with one another or interfere with one another. I have three browsers, and, since they have slightly different features, I occasionally have all three open at the same time. In addition, you can import all of your bookmarks into the new browser(s) from IE.

There are ways to remove your current version of IE, but not typically from the Control Panel, and it may cause further problems if you do it. Leave IE alone and don't bother with it if it isn't working properly. Maybe the next update of Windows will even take care of whatever problem you have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here