Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Printable calendar

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 11:15

I am looking for a calendar tool to record all the stops of our upcoming road trip, and print a page for each month.

I use Gmail and Google Calendar but it does not print when I click the Print button (!!).

I found WinCalendar and TimeandDate.com but have not tried them. Ideally, I would like to Print the Google calendar with all the different colors to identify each stop along the way.

Can anyone comment on either of these tools, or suggest another one to try?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Printable calendar

If you were to google excel printable calendar, you would find multiple responses with dozens of templates to choose from. If you don't have Excel or a suitable alternative, you could download either Libre Office or Apache Open Office for free. I personally use one from Vertex42...but that's just me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vertex42

o

Thank you! I do have Excel and will follow your suggestions.

o

Strange, google calendar prints fine here. I called it up online then clicked file print and it printed the page. Have you tried accessing it from another browser and printing? Mary

o

Mary - did you use the Google calender Print feature, or the browser Print tool? I can print it from the Print tool in my Firefox browser, but it doesn't work from the More > Print menu in Google Calendar.

o

From both and both worked. When I click more, print, then click print in the lower right the print box for my printer comes up and I hit print. Do you not get your printers dialogue box to come up at all there? I am using IE11 but just tried from firefox and works there too. Here is what I get on my screen. Mary

o

Mary - nothing at all happens when I click the Print button after the More > Print menu in the calendar. I don't use IE.

Eventually, I was able to print a better version of the calendar with all the colors I chose for each destination by using the browser's Print feature. It worked so I'll stick with that.

Thank you for your time and trouble sharing the image and trying to help.

o

Strange but it worked on those 2 browsers. I wonder if the box comes up when you do it from IE? Mary

o

Let's see if we can distill this thread down to it's core elements:

Option number one: Download the needed file to your local machine and install on your local machine the software needed to modify and print the file.

or

Option number two: Rely on a cloud-based service to provide the needed file with the ability to modify & print as needed while dealing with the difficulties inherent with multiple browsers/configurations/printers in use which (if successful) might offer the ability to be accessible on multiple devices.

I know which one I'm going to use (can you guess?)

You make the call.

o

I use a program called Yearly Calendar Printfree.com
It gives you several basic calenders. You just have to play around with it. I have used it for many years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here