Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
xp virus

Posted by joe_mn (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 26, 11 at 11:08

2005 dell notebook has odd behavior. runs fine for awhile. online function is ok. than any key entry results in multiple "search" pop-up windows. about 1/2 of the keyboard keys do not function than. restart in safemode and all is well for awhile and than same popup issues start. thought it was 3rd party bug/software causing issue but it shows up in safemode. tried many cures, norton scan, avg scan, stinger scan. computer works on restart. am close to reinstall but wanted to hear if anyone else had any thoughts on finding virus.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: xp virus

I'd run superantispyware.com free version & HitManPro.com ckeck the single use box = free.

o

you need to go to the forum I am going to link to they will assist you to run some special scans and take care of it these rouges are not ones that can be fully cleaned by any of the regular AV and antimalware programs.
go here, register, start your own thread in the area I link you to and follow only the directions from there for you so no conflicts or confusion.
Analysis and Malware Removal

o

Did the mbam step and found 7 things. Did a repair and it has been running ok for 24 hrs now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here