Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IPAD Air or Mini

Posted by azmom (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 11:07

I enjoyed my new MacBook Pro so much now I am seriously considering to get an IPAD.

If you have a regular size IPAD, or an IPAD min, do you ever wish you got a different size?

How big the storage do you have? Between 16 GB and 32 GB, do you ever wish to have a different size than what you have now?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IPAD Air or Mini

I love my Ipad2 and have had it for several years. It still meets my needs. I like the size of the screen (but I'm in my 60's. < s > ). I have the 32 GB size and even with 58 apps I have plenty of capacity left...28.3 GB. I don't, however, have any music or videos on it since I use other things for that.

I do have Kindle on it and I love reading on the larger screen with all the adjustments in lighting and font size. I use it mostly for recreation.

I've seen the AIR. The screen is beautiful and the tablet is thin and lightweight. Have fun with your decision!

o

Hello evenshade,

I really appreciate your inputs.

Costco is selling IPDs, offering discount and iTune gift card for the ones of 32 GB or bigger storage size.

I am leaning toward 32 GB IPAD Air because I want the IPAD to last a few more years and take care of my soon to go downhill eyesight. ;-)

Do you get an external keyboard for the IPAD?

Do you know where can I find recommendation of the most useful applications?
Thank you again for the help.

o

I don't have an external keyboard but I can see where that could be a good addition. I usually use mine in a very mobile way so probably wouldn't use the keyboard very much. Do a Google search for "best ipad apps" and you'll get tons of information and advice. It really depends on what you like to do online. I use Amazon prime to stream TV/Movies, recipe sites, a couple of games that I play with friends, some photo editing apps, weather, calendar, Ancestry...and many more. There's a great app called Flipboard that is customizable to get any kind of daily news that you'd like.

o

Hello evenshade,

Thank you again for the insights.

I got a 32GB IPAD Air. I love how Mac, Ipad, and Iphone integrated together. The size is perfect. I am looking into Apps.

IPAD is such a fun toy, very addictive!

o

Enjoy!

o

I have a Zagg keyboard for my iPad 2. It is very solid and has a slot which enables the iPad to stand securely either vertically or horizontally. I use it all the time.

o

I love my iPad 4th generation, Retina. Like evenshade I have Kindle on there amd I am not stuck with Apple's choices.

I take great photos and videos and send directly most of the time to friends. No viruses ever.

I finally got a better charger and cable from the Apple store and have tried many. It is a battle to keep it charged although lowering the brightness and closing open files works.

I take it to bed and I keep it next to me while watching television. I look up new words and questions I have from shows. It is giving me an instant education. Emails are simple and Facebook, Pinterest and other stuff pops up easily. If I broke it I would buy it as fast as I could. Sprint has a payment plan. I have an iPhone and when I lose it the iPad will find it. That is very doggone handy.

I use Siri too to dictate all the time or to give me a map with directions to a certain place. If you talk like you do in a normal conversation it will get most of it right and also it learns new words like my dog is Bailey not Baley.
Enuf. It is dependable. If COSTCO is offering discounts I would believe a new one is about to come out.
You have your choice of the Apple browser or Google. If your PC is not working the iPad Safari browser is.
A little more than you needed but I am casting a wider web than just you to promote it because I have this opportunity. Take it to Europe also.

o

abreeze, ellie45, Thank you for the inputs.

I heard Apple tends to release new products in Nov. for Christmas shopping season. IPAD is not a "need", the price from local COSTCO pushes me to yield to the "want".

IPAD is such a wonderful fun tool, everyday I find new things to do with it. I downloaded some apps, they surely opened a new world. I too use it to read kindle books. The synchronization among iphone, ipad and Macbook Pro is so handy.

I am trying to get used to the build in keyboard, if I could, I would eliminate the weight of having an external key board.

Really love my IPAD AIR......just heard COSTCO will carry Apple TV....it would be one more temptation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here