Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New FireFox

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 11:01

I have been review the past comments regarding the update to the NEW FireFox. Is OK to do so now or should I wait a little more??? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New FireFox

Why not install it and see how you like the new version? You can always revert to an older version if you find you do not like the latest one.

o

Personally I found it is not worth the time to install v5 as I found nothing beneficial by upgrading. Also, at the time half of my add-ons were not compatible. I went as far as reverting to v4.0.1.

Regardless of your decision be aware FF v6 is schedule to be released next month.

DA

o

I just recently read an article that said they were considering doing away with version 4 now, not sure why but the article said that 5 was the one they were going to support.
I have not used either version, they are still updating and supporting 3

o

I recently updated to FF 3.6.18 from 3.6.17 on June 21st and no issues and I'm staying there for now. I just came across the article below that stated Mozilla expects Firefox to hit version 7 by the end of the year.

Version 3.6.18 is definitely a keeper for me. Even FF5 has issues from what I found when googling FF5 issues!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Firefox 5 available for download

o

I am using FF5 and I like it very much. It has some new things that I like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here