Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hunter Mode in Revo Uninstaller?

Posted by carolssis (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 11:00

I watched a video on Revo, no sound, so I had no idea what I was looking at. I wanted to find out what Hunter Mode is. And how to turn off the icon of flames. Any one have any idea what it is, what it does? TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hunter Mode in Revo Uninstaller?

Hunter mode on RevoUninstaller .. you drag that hunter icon to the directory where the program you want uninstalled and it tries to find the uninstaller or its configurations. My past experiences is.. it doesn't work if it cant find what you should be able to see visually.

Think to get rid of that Hunter icon on the desktop if you don't want it is simply right click. Or open taskmanager and kill it.

o

For those who have this program -

Is this a useful utility? What advantages does it offer?

o

I was advised to use Revo years ago to remove programs as it is supposed to do a more thorough job that Windows does. I was told that Windows leaves behind pieces and parts, usually in the registry. So, I've always used it to remove programs, especially those pesky ones that sneak in when I fail to pay attention when downloading another. It seemed to work well for me with XP for many years. The hunter icon has gone, I had shut down and rebooted later, so no problems there. Thanks for the help, you folks are the best.

o

I use Revo and am quite happy with it. If an installed program has it's own uninstaller Revo allows that to do it's job then as Carolsis notes, it searches for stray files and registry entries. Sometimes an amazing number of files and registry entries are found by Revo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here