Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New yahoo mail

Posted by jean_mi_z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 10:03

I was forced into using the new Yahoo mail and I absolutely hate it....Firefox is my default browser and my messages in my inbox are stacked on top of each other, making it difficult to read who the sender is or what the subject line is. I have tried reducing and increasing the font size and nothing seems to help. Guess I will have to use IE or Opera and when I do, I get all kinds of ads. Are there any extensions that I can install on Opera to get rid of the ads?

TIA
Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New yahoo mail

I quit Yahoo email a month ago, to many problems and cluttered. I am now using Gmail and love it. I deactivated most of the stuff like stars, buzz, chat, etc., very uncluttered.

o

My messages with the new Yahoo and the old Firefox are stacked too. I think one might be able to tinker with tools>options>[fonts] but that might change everything else too so I just shamelessly grope the new Yahoo mail page until I feel up what I need.

o

Vala, I also have a gmail account and love it. I use the yahoo account when I have to fill in an email address to join a page or order something on line...guess I will have to open another gmail account...just hate having to change my address on so many sites...

o

another good option for free online email is gmx.com I have had a gmx email box for several years and it is very good easy to use and they update stuff on it often. It is very easy to also have it fetch your other email for you so you can have it fetch that yahoo mail and not have to ever bother with opening yahoo itself. I like it better than my gmail.

Here is a link that might be useful: gmx

o

FWIW, you could also check out one called Zoho. I don't know that much about it, except that they do offer a 'suite' of services, like Google. You could search some of the email message boards, like emaildiscussions.com, for user experiences. Or just open an account and take it for a test-drive yourself. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Zoho

o
RE: New yahoo mail (Zoho)

I just checked the Zoho site and realized that it might be a little confusing, since they offer business email (i.e. email hosting, like google) as well as their own. I believe to sign up for a free account (@zoho.com) one goes to the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zoho Sign Up

o

jean, I have two windows live emails , they are my main accounts. Gmail is for ordering and subscriptions.

o

Another gmail user here, but they've recently changed their email and calendar format and I'm especially disappointed with the calendar. Too much white space, entries are very cramped and difficult to read...not nearly as good as before.

o

Thanks for all your replies. As soon as I have my second cup of coffee, I will check them out.

Jean

o

for those using yahoo email some new info you should be aware of.

Yahoo!

it may be acceptable to some, but it definitely should be something you at least know is happening.

One of the reasons I like free gmx.com email

www.gmx.com/

quote:Your privacy is guaranteed with our superior SSL encryption system.

We will never scan your emails for advertising purposes.

Unlimited email storage

o

There's a way to get the old Yahoo e-mail back if you use FireFox, below is a YouTube video tutorial:

Here is a link that might be useful: How To Get Back Classic Yahoo! Mail (Updated)

o

from one of the other forums I am on, using this link to access yahoo mail should take you to the classic view.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.src=ym&.done=http%3A//us.mc817.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome
this link is down below in clickable form

might give it a try and see if it works.
Mine is still in classic so I can't try it.

this was another option mentioned That I saw
Go to my.yahoo.com ; in the Personal Assistant box click on Mail. If you don't have a box with mail you can choose options and select on to be Mail. Then hover over the Mail envelope and you'll see your emails. Click on one and voila, it brings you straight into classic interface.

Here is a link that might be useful: log in link for classic view

o

That link can be found in this information page, look where it says what if i don't want to upgrade

Upgrading to the new Yahoo! Mail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here