Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
browser problems

Posted by sugar_fl (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 1:17

I am using windows 7 HP.
I didn't want Firefox 5 & was having problems with 3.6.08 so looked for another browser. In the last couple of weeks I have tried most of them & each one has had a problem with either the bookmarks or extentions. The extentions will just flash on & then off.. Bookmarks do the same thing. What on earth could be causing this. I have tried several browsers & all are doing it. Safari seemed to work the best but do have some problems with it. That is one of the reasons I went off FF plus being hounded to download FF 5. How bad is version 5? I really doubt it would work right though.
Dar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: browser problems

The users I share with, and myself tried v5 and found nothing of value over v4. On the down side was the loss of many add-ons so we went back to v4.0.1.

Just so you know v6 is on the horizon. Firefox 6.0 Beta 3 was released on July 26, 2011, and the final version has been reported as a completion release date in August.

Have you looked at SlimBrowser? I find it interesting.

DA

o

I have 5 and haven't noticed any change at all.

o

firefox is on a very fast track in new versions blazing fast in fact. Just read a good article on it. So we can all get used to the new versions coming in very quickly.

Firefox 7 is already in alpha and is expected to go to public beta on August 16 around which time Firefox 8 will go to alpha and Version 6 will be officially released.

doing these quick updates really mess with the add-ons authors as they try to keep up with the speed of the changes in the new versions. So that leaves us with some of our fave add-ons not working while their authors scramble to keep up.

I tend to stick with the version that all my add-ons work with till I am sure which ever new version also has working add ons then I move on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here