Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I messed up

Posted by Korn_Kat (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 0:40

I am house sitting for my uncle, and so using his computer. All was great until I signed on this am. Last night, the browser addresses for the page I was on, was at the top, where I could click and look at some favorite pages to click on and be taken to that new page. Today they are in blocks at the bottom. I don't want my uncle having a fit about what in heck did I do to his computer. So, I have about week before he gets home to get it back the way it was. Can anyone help me?

KK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think I messed up

You could
- flip the monitor upside down.
- or right click and make sure taskbar is unlocked before you drag it back to where it belongs, then locking it.

o

What OS=operating system W7 or W8?
Toolbar is on top, Taskbar on the bottom with browser icon sounds normal to me?

o

I had to go look. He has W8. my computer at home is XP, and when I first got on his, the address of the page was in that little browser window just like xp.

KK

o

W8 is very, very diff from XP, and yes you can screw it up if you don't know what you are doing. are you talking about IE browser on one of the tiles on boot up? or are you going to desktop mode? what is it you are trying to do exactly?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here