Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needing help with a video on an SD card

Posted by kessy56 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 0:24

My son brought me an SD card with a video clip taken at a demo derby (no I'm not a redneck but my son is, haha!). The SD has a video on it but when I try to open it, all I get are a few 'still' pics. What program do I have to have in order to get the video? When I click on properties, it shows as 'read only'. I have no clue what I need to play it. I thought maybe WinDVD (I only have WinDVD 7) or maybe Quick Time, something like that would play it but apparently not. Is there something that isn't going to cost big bucks that will play it? Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needing help with a video on an SD card

What's the format of the video file?

o
RE: Needing help with a video on an SD card

When snidely asks "What's the format?" that means what are the letters of the file extension.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here