Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fail to download dell driver etc. updates

Posted by chas045 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 2, 11 at 22:29

I have an old used Dell inspiron 8200 laptop 1gb ram now, that probably needs some updates although it was working fine but while attempting to load and run Creator 2011, it was suggested that it needed new drivers. The Dell site actually suggested a ton of them. I can't seam to get dell to download multiple drivers perhaps because the Dell driver manager program doesn't seem to download or already be downloaded, but even single attempts at downloading won't download and neither will multiple downloads. Single attempts give message that 'can't connect' (while i am connected to tell me that) and multiple driver downloads won't download probably because the dell manager isn't downloaded. How am I supposed to get out of this loop. and yes I already suspect that Creator is a big pile, but I'll bet I need some of these upgrades if I try Nero.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fail to download dell driver etc. updates

Got it corrected. I had to delete the cashe on explorer/tools. I had already done that before but i had to be careful to then ask for one download and then immediately select use own browser. After that i could download one driver at a time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here