Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Favorites in Internet Explorer

Posted by sfhill (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 20, 13 at 22:14

Hi, All of a sudden my favorites in Internet Explorer started to place themselves in alphabetical order. I have always been able to position each one where I want them to be and they would stay this way.Now they automatically reposition back in alphabetical order. Does anybody know how I can change this. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Favorites in Internet Explorer

If you can't find a fix, rename them starting with a capital A in front of the name you want at the top. In my documents, I put two capital A's in front of 6 folders I want at the top of the list. AA Music, AA Photos, AA Books, AA Movies etc. That way I don't have to go through a long list for the one I want.

o

After many years of using Internet Explorer, I switched to Firefox, In my experience, it is faster and more user friendly, and it has more flexibility in handling bookmarks. It's very easy to put bookmarks where you want them, and they stay that way. Another nice thing about Firefox is that, despite the fact that it has more useful features than IE, it is very user friendly. There's almost no learning curve. Once you install Firefox, you simply import all of your existing bookmarks from IE in one easy step, and then you can organize them as you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Firefox

o

The attraction of IE alternatives, especially 5 years ago and more, stemmed more from how clunky IE was rather than the superiority of the others. Firefox/Netscape/Opera were ok and worked fine, IE was awful. The decision for what best to use was easy, though much of Corporate America stuck to IE for employees' internal use.

Today, I think IE has done a lot of catching up. I find it pretty decent and comparable to the others though I don't use it as my default browser.

OP, there are a half dozen or more solid browsers to choose from, all have there own peculiarities, problems and features and all are free. There's no need to persist with something that isn't working for you.

o

I handle alphabetizing of list similar to the way EmmaR describes above.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here