Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unsoliticed Emails

Posted by blueheron (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 21:14

I keep getting these kinds of emails - the subject line is in bold and it says something like this: "No Fees ATM's & no Min Balance"

When I put my mouse over the message, I can read the first part of the message. It says,

"and this difficulty attaches itself more closely to an age in which progress Shakespeare, is, perhaps, the only thing in which critics will allow us to..."

It really makes no sense and I get these kinds of emails every day. I never open them, I just read the part that I can without opening it. I always put them in the spam folder, but I keep getting them. Is there any way I can get rid of them permanently?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unsoliticed Emails

Get a better spam filter that catches them before they get to your inbox. I'm using ESET NOD32, which is not free, but works very well.

o

Can you report them to your ISP or your webmail provider so they can do a better job of filtering them out before they reach you? Hotmail, FastMail both have a "spam" button to click. .

You are seeing the strange text because they are trying to hide from spam filters.

o

How about a message rule using the keywords Fees ATM, and if they are in the subject line the email is directed to trash?

DA

o

Unfortunately, the subject line is never the same.

And, I do click on the spam button, but they still appear.

I will try contacting my ISP and see what they can do. Thanks, everyone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here